S101: Attitudes of Combat Infantry Officers
To measure officer opinions and attitudes toward promotion policies, faith in leadership, etc.
South Pacific, ETO, Central Pacific
- One sample of 267 combat officers from the 25th Infantry Division who are combat veterans of the South Pacific Area (S-101B)
- One sample of 425 combat officers from the 9th Infantry Division who are combat veterans of European Theater of Operations (S-101C) (see ES #22)
- One sample of 311 combat officers from the 7th Infantry Division who are combat veterans of the Central Pacific Area (S-101D)
- One sample of 177 combat officers from the 43rd Division who are combat veterans of the South Pacific Area (S-101E)
- One sample of 92 combat officers from the 27th Infantry Division who are combat veterans of the Central Pacific Area (S-101F)
Note: S-101A not studied
See Planning Survey II for standard operating procedure.
Hqs, ETO: Request from War Department for material to supplement report B-81 - What the Front Ling Soldier Thinks.
G-1, ETOUSA, and CG First Army.
B-167 Summary of Misc. Materials on Troop Reactions to Enemy Radio Propaganda
Put words or phrases inside quotes to search for an exact match.